Saturday, September 8, 2012

Cutting Grass

Well, I didn't think I'd have another post so soon about people who suck but as bad luck would have it I do.
 
We have lived in out apartment for 3 years now and I am regularly getting irritated by the rental house next door.  Our apartment  bedrooms line up perfectly with their backyard which turns out to be a mecca of irritation.
 
In the past they always seem to be doing something to their back yard at the most inopportune times.  When I was pregnant they decided to re-sod their yard starting at 7am 6 days a week....a pregnant lady needs her sleep!  Seriously, I just wanted to sleep til 8am but no they would not have it.  Oh, and they did a full in deapth re-sodding with very loud machines and it went on for 2 months.
 
At night the tenents, would leave their flood lights of excessive wattage on all night and it is almost directly pointed at our window.  I swear it wasn't even a motion detector--it was just ON.
 
I know what you're thinking but, no, I really am not irrational with my irritation.  There have also been many, many times that they have had backyard parties late into the night, however, those don't bother me.  (On those nights they always remember to turn off the flood light.)
The latest infraction is one that has been going on regularly for a while but this time they went over then line!  We haven't been home all summer but I swear no one has mowed the lawn in 3 months (making that re-sodding 2 years ago pointless). 

See how narly the unmowed grass is?!
They chose to hire people to tame the montrasity that is now their backyard who chose to get started at 2:30pm in 83 degree heat....during my son's nap and mine--I don't nap everyday during his naps but they chose to do this during the first nap I've taken in months?!  It woke both of us up an hour before naptime would have been over!
 

Double the noise equals half the time to be woken up
I'm not sure why but the stopping and restarting of the lawnmower when emptying the cut grass makes it even more evil and harder to sleep through.  Grrrr beit (pronounced BE-it) yardwork!

Grass Emptying #87
Don't worry, I realize that most of these issues are from the Owner and not the Tenents--no retaliation will insue :(

Although, don't get me started on the time they got a puppy....and left him outside all night....every night....barking.

No comments:

Post a Comment